Получите белоснежную улыбку всего за 1 час
The story of the Smile Room started on July 27, 2006, when three teenage friends found an amusement complex called Neb’s Fun World in Oshawa, Ontario in Canada. Two of them broke into it, while the third waited for them outside. The complex had entertaining parts in it such as a bowling area, arcade area and a jungle gym. The third teenager waited for them for hours, without any signs of them coming back, until he decided to enter the complex and find them.
The teenager managed to search everything inside of the complex, all of the fun areas, but there were no signs of the two others. He managed to find one of his missing friends’ cellphone on the ground. When he looked at the phone, he was in shock, finding a photo of a monstrous anomaly which manifested itself in the back rooms of the complex. It appeared to be a gigantic human-looking vertical mouth with crooked teeth that manifested in an open doorway, with the words “The Smile Room” written above the door. The authorities got involved after seeing the photo and an investigation was started to find the missing teenagers.
The investigation was a failure, as when they got to the location of the anomaly, they found nothing. Instead, they found a plain brick-wall, without any doors or signs. The mystery of the missing teenagers and the cryptid were kept as a secret for a very long time. Everything changed however, on August 15, 2018, when Trevor Henderson showcased the story and revealed an image of the cryptid as a part of his found-footage series where Siren Head, Long Horse and other monsters are featured as well. Trevor also gave it the nickname «The Smile Room», referring to the fake room that housed the entity.
Two months later, Trevor Henderson revealed another photo of the Smile Room on his Instagram account, showing it squeezed at the top of a flight of stairs with several short tendrils of the mouth’s gums sticking out, which made people theorize what the mysterious predator could possibly be. On March 26, 2020, Trevor Henderson released a photo of a humanoid creature who had the same teeth as the Smile Room running down its body, calling it the “Smile Room Host”. This photo seemingly implies that the Smile Room creature has the ability to infect victims and use them as hosts to further its mysterious goals.
The Smile Room is not just a typical room, instead, it is a sentient entity which has the ability to manifest in multiple locations. Trevor states that it is an entity that is somehow capable of manifesting as a fake room in a building, using this technique to catch its victims. After a certain time, it moves to a different location, which explains the mysterious disappearance of the “Smile Room” in Neb’s Fun World. It is unknown where the victims go after being consumed by the Smile Room.
The fact that the recovered phone had a picture of the Smile Room from afar even though it belonged to one of the Smile Room’s victims has led to the theory that its mouth has a tongue-like appendage to pull victims in much like the ones inside the sirens of the infamous Siren Head.
Recently, Trevor has released one more photo of the Smile Room, which is stated to have been recovered from a discarded cell phone that belonged to a missing teenager. The photo shows the Smile Room with a massive tongue-like appendage extending from its mouth, most likely there to grab the teenager who took the photo with his phone. Based on the statement that the recovered materials were covered in a liquid similar to saliva, we can conclude that what occured was the teenager went close to the Smile Room, causing the door to open all on its own to reveal the Smile Room’s massive mouth. The teenager then took a photo of the Smile Room as it extended its tongue to grab them, pulling them into its mouth. Later, the entity regurgitated the teenager’s phone, which is why it was found recovered in saliva.
- The Smile Room was created by Trevor Henderson, who is known for making various bizarre creatures over the internet. His other creations include Siren Head, Cartoon Cat, the Country Road Creature, the Bridge Worms, the Man with the Upside-Down Face, the Good Boy, the Lamb, the Man in the Red Room, the Fetid King, the Giants, and Long Horse.
- The Smile Room might be based off of the Man-Eating Roll-Top Writing Desk, from the Monty Python sketch «Scott Of The Sahara«, and YouTube animated video «Indigestion» created by the legendary British animator, Cyriak.
- Despite all of the information that has surfaced, the Smile Room’s moral agency has not been made very clear.
- It is possible that it is just a highly-skilled predator that is driven out of some possible hunger instincts much like Siren Head, the Country Road Creature and the Bridge Worms (and possibly Cartoon Cat) and is not worse or just as bad as the Man with the Upside-Down Face whatsoever.
- However, the Smile Room does have a more sinister motive on catching prey such as infecting them or sucking them deeper inside of itself to eat them alive. Regardless, the Smile Room does not have a clear personality nor a moral agency and is considered an amoral predator much like most of Trevor Henderson’s monsters.